Coronavirus: Practice Procedures
A note from our team:
We hope you and your families are well and thank you for all your patience and support during these uncertain times.
We are pleased to announce that we are beginning the next phase of our re-opening to include a limited number of appointment slots for aerosol generating procedures (Procedures involving high pressure air/water sprays).
However, our capacity remains very much reduced compared to the Pre Covid-Levels. Following the guidance from the NHS and the Chief Dental Officer for England, we have to follow strict protocols for PPE and Decontamination.
In time, as the practice situations continues to improve, we will increase our appointment availability to include the resumption of routine dental care for any urgent dental concerns, please continue to contact us via telephone.
Thanks again and we hope to see you all again soon.
Prettygate Dental practice
New Patient Journey
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff
1. Telephone Triage
You will be triaged over the phone by our reception and management staff prior to booking an appointment.
2.Scheduled Call Back
A dedicated time and date will be provided where we will call you to assess if a face to face appointment is required.
On the day of your appointment, please do not enter through the practice door until your appointment time. Upon arrival please expect new safety measures whilst we safeguard you and our team.
On the day of your appointment
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- On the day of your appointment, please do not enter through the practice door until your appointment time.
- Please attend your appointment with a face covering and a member of our team will check your temperature using a non-touch thermometer at the front door. If you have a high temperature, your appointment will need to re-arranged for a later date.
- You’ll be asked those same questions again at your appointment
- Hand sanitiser will be provided when you arrive at the practice and before you leave.
- Please be aware that our waiting room will be closed to maintain social distancing rules, and our bathroom facilities will not be in use during this time.
- To allow safe decontamination of equipment and rooms between patients, we will be offering fewer appointments per day in line with the current guidelines.
How you can help:
- Please attend your appointment wearing a face covering.
- Wherever possible, patients should attend alone. Children under 16 can be accompanied to the practice but escorts/guardians/translators must remain in the waiting area or outside the practice during the patient’s treatment.
- Please bring your own pen incase you are required to sign any documents relating to your dental care and medical history.
- Payment should be made by card where possible.
- If you show symptoms following appointment booking, you should contact the practice by phone.
- Please do not arrive without an appointment.
- Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I have a general emergency ?
A member of our team will arrange a call back with one of our dentist to assess if a dental appointment is required.
Please do not arrive at the practice without a confirmed appointment, you will not be seen.
How long will I have to wait to be seen?
What will it cost?
What happens if I miss my appointment?
Who is entitled to free NHS dental treatment?
- under 18
- under 19 and in full-time education
- pregnant or you’ve had a baby in the 12 months before treatment starts
- staying in an NHS hospital and the hospital dentist carries out your treatment
- an NHS hospital dental service outpatient (although you may have to pay for your dentures or bridges)
You can also get free NHS dental treatment if, when the treatment starts or when you’re asked to pay:
- you’re included in an award of Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit guarantee credit.
- you’re named on, or entitled to, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate.
- you’re named on a valid HC2 certificate
- If you’re named on a valid HC3 certificate, you may not have to pay for all your NHS dental treatment. HC2 and HC3 certificates are issued under the NHS Low Income Scheme – see below
You will not be exempt from paying for NHS dental treatment because you receive one of the benefits below when paid on their own:
- Incapacity Benefit
- Contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Council Tax Benefit
- Housing Benefit
- Pension Credit savings credit
Proof of your entitlement
You’ll be asked to show your dentist written proof that you’re entitled to help with dental treatment costs. This will vary depending on your circumstances.
Welcome! To Pretty Bear’s 1st, and by no means last, Prettygate smile clinic! In this smile clinic, I am going to teach you how to smile better by keeping your teeth whiter, sounds simple enough, right? Yes is the answer, but you must follow my advice closely! Smiling...
Natural teeth whitening treatments come in many shapes and sizes and honestly, it was hard to whittle down the list to just 5 ridiculous treatments but alas, it has been done. It wasn’t easy, as some people are just ridiculous and will try anything to get whiter...
I am a happy bear now, a happy well loved Pretty Bear. But this wasn’t always the case, I used to live a very different life, and then it all changed. The world I loved was turned-flipped-upside-down, and I'd like to take a minute, so just sit right there, and I'll...
Read More Blogs
"A Professional, relaxing and friendly practice"
"I'm so delighted with Prettygate Dental, I've had a root canal and crown recently and am so happy with the service and result. It's such a professional, relaxing, friendly practice."
- Mrs A Boyce, April 2017
"Brilliant in every respect"
"Been going to this very professional dentist for 26 years. Seen changes but still brilliant in every respect"
- Sally Mays, February 2017
"Care at its best"
"I cannot give enough stars to this practice. I have always been a nervous patient, but the competence and professionalism of the staff at this practice are outstanding, which has enabled me to relax and not fear to go to the dentist as much as I previously did. Patients are treated with dignity and respect as soon as they walk in the door, from receptionist through to dentist and hygienist. If all practices took the same approach as Prettygate dental, everyone would be smiling. :-)"
- Rachel, January 2017
"Everything went perfectly "
"The staff were a good laugh and knew that I was nervous, everything went perfectly and now my teeth are straighter and whiter 10/10"
- Mr Michael Farah, September 2016
"Mr Fox is a brilliant dentist"
"Mr Fox is a brilliant dentist. His expertise and communication skills would calm the most nervous patient....reception staff are polite and helpful..."
- Mrs Patsy Riggs, March 2017
"I've never felt more comfortable at a dentist before"
"Before I came to this practice I had always had trouble feeling nervous at the dentist. As soon as I walked through the door at Prettygate the staff was wonderfully helpful and calming. The Dentist I had as well was very supporting when I told them I may be nervous and made me feel at home within minutes. I'll definitely be returning."
- Anonymous, February 2016
"Very welcoming and totally professional"
"I am a relatively new patient at Prettygate Dental, however, in that short that short time I have come to find the staff and practitioners very welcoming and totally professional. I have a young daughter and I will definitely be registering her here!"
- Mr A Heifer, March 2017
"Smiling staff, great service"
"Smiling staff, great service - very happy again!"
- Mr Dominic Tyler, March 2017
"Very nice people"
"After finding out I needed a root canal treatment I was devastated, as my previous dentist told me it would cost over 1000 pounds, fortunately, my son googled the treatment and local dentists, Prettygate popped up and at a third of the price! After an initial consult I was sold, the dentist was fantastic and very caring, I would absolutely recommend, still can't believe how much cheaper they are!"
- Michael, March 2017
"Staff very helpful and caring"
"Since 2008 my husband and I have been attending Prettygate Dental. We have always been very pleased with the service received and found the staff very helpful and caring."
- Mrs G Mcdowell, January 2017
"My visit this morning changed my experience"
"Had not been to a dentist for about 2 or 3 years and had to go with a very bad back molar, as like many other people keep putting off going to see the dentist.My visit this morning changed my experience it was really nice and friendly and the dentist was so patient with me and your lovely staff "BRILLIANT"
- Mr Michael Farah, September 2016
See all of our patient's stories!
- Professional whitening
- Free consultation
- Results in just 2 weeks!
- Designed for front teeth
- Results in 6 - 18 weeks
- Inman Aligner
- Wide range of NHS treatments
- Exemptions available
- Banded pricing
- Same day appointments
- Emergency clinics
- Expert care
- Competitive pricing
- Guaranteed results
- Nobel Biocare
Clean & Polish
- Dedicated Hygienists
- Preventative Care
- From £45.00
- Teeth Whitening from a Dentist
- FREE Consultation
- Now only £240
- Includes Clean & Polish
- FREE Consultations
- Guaranteed B1 Shade.
- Results in 2 Weeks.
- Include’s Power Boast.
- Join our care plan
- Start from £13.75 a Month
- Exclusive benefits